Tuesday, March 21, 2017

[TRANS] Ryan Jhun Interview On Girl's Day Upcoming Album




Girl's Day is going to have a comeback with their 5th mini album called 'Everyday #5' on March 27th. It's been a year and 9 months since Girl's Day last comeback in 2015. This album is gonna be produced by Ryan Jhun and he's confident with it.

Ryan Jhun and Girl's Day worked together in 2010 with 'Nothing Last Forever'. 7 years later, both succeeded and meet up again. Ryan Jhun said as he worked with Girl's Day, "I work while thinking my original motivation."

"I heard that Girl's Day couldn't have a comeback because they had no title song. Girl's Day helped me through 'Nothing Last Forever' when I was having hard time. That's why this time I was kinda jokingly asked to work together then I let them hear the song and they like it so I gave the song. In our company, there is a 'Pandora's Box'. It's like a jewelry box where we keep all the good songs. I gave it for them to chose. Girl's Day member unanimously want to work an album together."

Ryan did not hesitate to praise Girls Day members throughout the interview. He said, "I thought a top class girlgroup would be arrogant, but Girl's Day is still the same as before. They are even work harder.I can feel they put their life on it." Ryan Jhun also told in detail what effort Sojin, Minah, Hyeri, and Yura made. 

"Hyeri acted like she came without practicing but when it's the time (recording), it's obvious that she really practiced a lot. Her skill is improved so much. She broke her limit. Sojin cried while recording. She felt sorry for herself so she sharpen her knife and made through it. Minah had an interest in writing lyrics, so she contacted the lyricist and wrote some. In Yura's case, she gave out a lot of ideas and worked hard for it even send a text at dawn. All of them are really passionate. The public is going to acknowledge them for sure." 


Ryan Jhun's music is like a dish made with carefully selected ingredients. He proudly said Girl's Day music is made of the highest quality ingredients. He said, "I have a lot of expectation for Girl's Day," he also added, "I'm proud to say it's a well-made album, but still we can't be arrogant about it. A few days ago I went to Girl's Day Gallery site and watched the reaction. It's half expecting and half worrying. I'm looking forward to it."

While Girl's Day was choosing the song from the pandora's box, what image did they think of. Ryan Jhun said, "Something new."

"We didn't want the concept people already thought of Girl's Day. We are going to try a new thing, something that no one has tried. If we didn't do it well, it'd not match them, but by doing new attempt, we are hoping to hear, 'Girl's Day also can do that? Daebak'. Girl's Day had been through a lot, they are breaking their own limits.

Ryan Jhun also put songs that showed the members individual capabilities. He said, "Girl's Day have a lot of color and through this album the public can see the category they wanted." He also added a spoiler, "I don't like sexy concept. I like girl crush concept."


Source: Naver-Ilgan Sports

-You are working together with Girl's Day again after 7 years
"It's a meeting after 7 years so I put my heart and soul more into it. It's an ambitious work.  7 years ago they were called name such as 'Pumba Idol' but in my eyes they had an explosive charms. Girl's Day is at the top now. They are on different position from before. It's upsetting to think about that 'Pumba Idol' time (laugh). This time, there are 4 songs. Girl's Day is directed to a new direction and they followed well."

-You sounds so confident 
"Girl's Day can win first place. It's a sure thing. The higher the expectation, the bigger the disappoinment is, but I think it will turn out as expected. It’s a song showing a collaboration between Girl’s Day and the public . It’s not something just any other singer can pull off. It’s a song only Girl’s Day can do. At the same time, people could hum along and has a luxurious feeling to it. It's a girl crush song.”

-If you could choose a girl group avengers, who are you going to choose between all the girlgroup you've been producing?
"It's hard, but I'll put my selfishness and choose (laugh). Girl group would be Choi Yoojung and Jun Somi. Both of them are two top. It would be awesome to combine Taeyeon and Girl's Day Minah here. And also another talent, Bestie Uji. If it's 5 of them, they can sing pretty much anything. They would rock the stage. I'm happy just by imagining it"